That’s A Wrap is a newly established grassroots charity (Nov 2018) based in Hounslow. We’d like to bring residents together in support of a variety of local causes over time through community collections, and hands-on wrapping and packing activities, but it all starts here! We’re embarking on a journey to improve the community of Hounslow through empowering and bringing together local residents for intercultural and charitable causes. Help us by joining our amazing team!
Location: London Borough of Hounslow
Time Commitment: Up to 4 board meetings a year, in addition to annual event attendance
• Ensuring that the charity is carrying out the purpose for which it is set up;
• Ensuring that the charity complies with the governing document and the law;
• Attending trustee meetings and proactively furthering the goals of the organisation;
• Along with the rest of the board, undertaking local networking as required;
• Contributing to ongoing learning of the organisation;
• Contribute to the organisation’s functions (e.g. Marketing, Legal, Fundraising etc); and
• Contributing to strategic planning, achieving targets and goals and helping to monitor performance.
The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The trustee will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
What type of person are we looking for?
That’s A Wrap is currently seeking to recruit three new trustees to add strength and depth to our board and support the work of this passionate charity as we look ahead to the future! It is an exciting time to join us as we are at the very start of our transition into becoming a registered charity. Individuals from all backgrounds welcome!
This role is for anyone interested in shaping the future of an ambitious charity that primarily wants to help those less fortunate in the local area by bringing the community together. We are looking for like-minded people interested in finding creative ways of bringing the community of Hounslow together to help others. If this sounds like you and something you would be able to dedicate your time to, then please apply.
We would love to hear your story and what makes you, you!
Individuals with a local connection would be ideal, and people with diverse backgrounds, skills and experiences who have integrity, strategic vision, good independent judgement and a willingness to speak their mind.
To register your interest, please email your CV and a short supporting statement explaining why you wish to become a trustee to firstname.lastname@example.org.