VCS Discount Schemes
A list of organisations offering discounts on various services and items, ranging from office equipment to organisation strategy development.
AdviceUK is the UK’s largest support network for free, independent advice centres.
Members receive a discount on the following services.
- AdvicePro, our case management system
- Training and NVQs
- Recruitment advertising on the Jobs in Advice website
- Discounted services and supplies – telecoms and stationery
- Professional indemnity, legal assistance & expenses and trustees, directors & officers insurance
Charities Buying Group
The Charities Buying Group is a not for profit community interest company providing a totally free buying advice and purchasing service, offering a wide range of buying agreements that will help you save money by tapping into our buying power.
CBG currently has over 10,000 registered users from 8,000 charities who can take advantage of the eighty suppliers offering discounted goods and services. New members can sign up via the website and also take advantage of additional advice and information from CBGs support team. Offers available to groups with charitable status include discounts on:
- Office furniture
- Employee benefits packages
0800 195 3010
A wide range of free goods direct from donors listed on the open-access website.
Categories that are supported by Give Your Goods are posted on the noticeboard and made accessible to all visitors to Charity Choice on the Internet.
Notices include a description of what’s on offer, the location and delivery details if applicable and the contact details including an email address of the donor.
Charity visitors to Give Your Goods then liaise directly with the donor to ensure their charity benefits from the goods or services on offer. Types of offers include:
- Office furniture
- Household furniture
- Computer equipment & IT training
- Event planning
- Website design
- Publicity material
- Goodwill Gallery (the name) no longer exists. Instead a category called Give Your Goods where the public donate their goods.
London Re-use Network
Working as a partnership of charities, community groups and non-profit organisations means we can provide a joined up network of re-use services across London.
By working in this way we aim to maximise the goods and services we can provide.
Joined up working allows us to take on large contracts for Local Authorities and Housing Associations and Businesses.
The network represents long established groups as well as new start-ups. We aim to share our knowledge and experience to improve services for all our customers.
Do you have a piece of furniture, household appliance or any other items which could be used by someone else? Rather than throw it away, why not pass it on to someone who really needs it?
Many of our partners offer collections, or you can drop of items at your local re-use centre.
In Kind Direct
Charity which received donations of furniture etc. from large organisations.
No annual registration fee, charities sign up and receive a discount.
Charities signed up will receive a discount by having access to goods priced at approximately 20% of high street cost.
In Kind Direct receive surplus-to-requirements company donations of a range of items, which they store in a central warehouse. Items are mainly end of lines, seasonal items, samples, customer returns, or items in damaged packaging or with slight defects and include:
- office equipment and supplies
- household appliances
- arts and crafts
- educational materials
London Voluntary Service Council is the collaborative leader of London’s voluntary and community sector.
Subscribers = free
Supporters = free
Individual supporters = £50
Public or private sector supporters = £200
New special offer:
Membership starts from £50 where members can benefit from discounts below:
Receive 10% discount on the range of HR and employment support and advice services from Peace
Receive a discount on charged for LVSC events
Receive discounts on our training programme run by Happy
The site offers information ranging from training and employment to funding and partnership opportunities.
The site also includes a FAQ section which covers services such as:
- Financial advice
- IT support
- Preferential insurance rates
NAVCA: National Association for Voluntary and Community Action
Members are normally organisations providing developmental support to other VCS organisations (like Councils for Voluntary Service).
- Free recruitment advertising for members,
- NAVCA newspaper ‘Circulation’ free for members,
- Promotional publications report,
- Charities can sign up for Linx a weekly bulletin, sign up for it here
If you join NAVCA Essentials you can also receive:
Insurance and pension schemes,
Memberships available are either full or affiliate. The cost of them both depends on each organisations annual income the year before.
Charities can sign up for Linx a weekly bulletin here: https://www.navca.org.uk/resources
UA, the UK’s largest ethical energy broker, with 10,000 meters under management, UK wide.
Free to charities and non-profit orgs. Exclusive agreements from many blue chip utilities providers for charities and voluntary organisations.
Utility Aid helps many charities and not for profit organisations reduce their utilities expenditure and improve the level of service they receive. Our services are free and are no obligation. We are the official consultancy to the Leonard Cheshire CBG.
Help is offered in the following areas:
- Telecoms, landline, mobiles and broadband
NCVO: National Council for Voluntary Organisations
Membership costs depends on each organisations annual income the year before.
- Exclusive information and signposting through our member only helpdesk
- Exclusive access to reports and trends
- Discounted or free services and products
- Up to 90% of computer hardware
- Free consultation with HR experts
- Discounts on healthcare, childcare, pension and much more
- Tools and tips to help you grow online + JustGiving. Click Here
Resources for Discounted Software for Charities
Free or subsidised software for charities and non-profits:
Google for non-profits
The Google for Non-Profits Programme offers qualified organisations access to free versions of paid Google products and special features designed for non-profits.
• Create unlimited email accounts for your staff on your own branded domain (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) through Gmail
• Collaborate in real time with colleagues on grant proposals, meeting agendas and more through Google Docs
• Conduct surveys, training assessments and event sign ups through Google Forms
• Hold video conference calls for up to 15 participants at a time on your desktop or mobile device; audio and screen sharing tools included
Free 24/7 support by phone, chat and email
For more information click here: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/nonprofits/
Office 365 for Non Profits
Qualified non-profits can receive Office 365 Non-profit as a donation or upgrade to advanced features at a significant discount. To qualify for Office 365 Non-profit, you must hold recognised charitable status in your country and sign Microsoft’s non-discrimination policy.
Visit Office 365 website for full details of plans and pricing.
• 24/7 IT level web support
• Active Directory Integration
• World class data security
• Online versions of office incl: Excel, Word and more
• Business class email, calendar and contacts
• Intranet site for your teams
For more information click here: https://products.office.com/en-gb/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofit-plans-and-pricing
Salesforce for Non-profits
The world’s leading cloud based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
It is the set of end-to-end solutions any non-profit needs to become a connected non-profit. Built for the social and mobile era, Salesforce for Non-profits will connect your entire non-profit.
Non-profit products include:
• Non-profit success pack
• Sales Cloud
• Service Cloud
• Marketing Cloud
• Salesforce Chatter
• Success Plans
For more information click here: http://www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/
Pugh Computers Ltd
One of the UK’s leading trusted suppliers of software licensing and solutions to the education and voluntary sectors and is recognised by clients and partners alike for certified knowledge, expertise and quality of service. For more information click here: http://www.pugh.co.uk/
TT-exchange gives eligible UK charities access to major technology companies’ donation programmes, including Microsoft, Cisco, Symantec and Adobe.
The product Catalogue includes the following products:
• Bitdefender (internet security)
• Cisco (networking and technology)
• Autodesk (software that can be used to design buildings, infrastructure, etc)
• Bytes of Learning (teaches touch typing)
• Eventbrite (promoting and selling events)
For more information click here: https://www.tt-exchange.org/
To download a PDF version of all VCS Discount Schemes click here.