Here is a selection of some of the larger or more important funders of voluntary and community organisations.
- Arts Council – Championing, developing and investing in the arts and culture in England
- Awards for All – Offers grants of up to £10,000 for projects to improve communities
- BBC Children in Need – Awards grants each year to groups supporting disadvantaged children
- Big Lottery Fund – Gives out millions of pounds from the National Lottery to good causes
- City Bridge Trust – Supports charitable activity across Greater London
- Comic Relief – Major charity based in the UK, with a vision of a world free from poverty
- Heritage Lottery Fund – funds a range of projects from preserving buildings to community heritage
- Lloyds Bank Foundation – Invests in charities supporting people to break out of disadvantage
- London Community Foundation – Connecting people who need help with those who are willing to give
- Sport England – Helping people across the country create sporting habits for life
- Trust for London – Funding work to tackle poverty and inequality in the capital.
For a list of local funding sources, click here.