Date and time: 7 November 2019 – 9:30 arrival for 10:00 start – 16:30
This course aims to introduce participants to the different types of Harmful Practices and the psychological impact of trauma caused by these experiences.
On completion of this one day training course participants will have:
- Increased awareness and understanding of the range of harmful practices including; FGM, Forced Marriage, Faith Based Abuse, ‘Honour’ Crimes
- Increased awareness and understanding of the global and traumatic impact of Harmful Practices on clients psychological and emotional well being
- Explored the neurobiological processes of trauma on the brain
- Increased awareness and understanding of relevant clinical conceptualizations. Including Developmental trauma, PTSD and CTSD
- Identified the impact of the work on practitioners and the development of self-care strategies.