The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has announced he is investing £2.1 million to provide positive opportunities and a package of focused support for vulnerable young Londoners who have been most impacted by the COVID-19 lockdown through the London Community Response Fund.
Funding will be available for activities starting in the summer and autumn to deliver for up to 6-months. Activities may include:
- Detached, pop-up and mobile youth work
- Mental health and wellbeing support, to tackle isolation and loneliness
- Educational attainment catch-up and/or transitions support or employment and training
- Activities to inspire and motivate young Londoners and support for families and carers
- Diversion and prevention opportunities for vulnerable young people in need
- Holiday and after-school sport and physical activity, engaging vulnerable children and young people
If you are interested in delivering activities for children and young people over the next 6 months please do consider applying and check the guidance carefully for your eligibility and the additional guidance if proposing to deliver face to face work with young people.
Eligible organisations can apply for small grants of up to £10,000 or large grants of up to £50,000 to deliver youth work and activities over the next 6 months. Apply now as applications are considered on a first come first served basis with a deadline at the end of July.