The Mayor wants Londoners to have the opportunity to play a leading role in building their own communities. To help them do this, he is acting to boost the development of new community-led homes by:
Community Housing Fund
The Mayor has secured London’s share of the Community Housing Fund and is delivering a programme for the capital. The programme outside London is being delivered by Homes England.
The Mayor published the Community Housing Fund prospectus in January 2019. The prospectus sets out the fund’s objectives, which are to:
- increase housing supply in London by boosting the number of homes delivered by the community-led housing sector;
- provide housing that is affordable at local income levels and remains so in perpetuity; and
- deliver a legacy for the community-led housing sector in the form of an effective and self-sustaining body of expertise.
The programme is providing the following funding:
- revenue grants to community-led groups to help cover the costs of project-specific activities that will support development of proposals for new housing schemes, pre-development costs, preparing for planning applications and post-planning costs.
- capital funding for the delivery of new homes; and
- development finance to support delivery of CLH schemes
All organisations and groups interested in bidding for revenue and/or capital funding should contact the Community-Led Housing London Hub at www.communityledhousing.london in the first instance to discuss their application.
Organisations and groups interested in bidding for revenue funding should e-mail their completed ‘Application Form‘ form for revenue to the Community-Led Housing London Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here