You can register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporting-hounslows-volunteers-and-voluntary-and-community-sector-tickets-61789144996?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=
Hounslow Council values the huge contribution that civil society across Hounslow makes to supporting residents and making the borough a great place to live. The important role that volunteers, tenants and residents’ associations, and voluntary and community sector (VCSE) groups play is acknowledged within the Council’s new Thriving Communities Strategy and they are committed to continuing to support their work, as resources allow.
They currently commission the following services:
- Hounslow Voluntary Sector Support Service (HVSSS) to provide group development and governance support, advice on fund-raising and training
- Volunteering Hounslow to support residents into volunteering roles and VCSE organisations to develop and recruit to good quality and well supported volunteer roles.
Contracts for both services run to March 2020 and they are currently in the process of recommissioning support services that will best meet your needs. They are keen to hear your views on what will best support the work that you do. Please join them for a workshop to consider the following;
- What are the most significant issues and needs that you are likely to face over the coming years?
- What type of support is most needed to help you deliver effective support to residents?
- How well are current services meeting your needs? How could services be improved?
- What type of support would need to be prioritised in future contracts?
They are keen to hear from all types and sizes of community and voluntary organisations – charities, Friends Groups, Residents Associations, Tenants Associations, those with paid staff and those run completely by volunteers! The next workshop will take place at Hounslow House on: Monday 10 June, 6pm to 8pm.